Service Forms

Utiltiy Service FormsWhether you need new service or are moving out of town or just moving across the street , you can find the form you need below. Have questions? Give us a call at 563-689-3081.

Apply for New Service

Welcome to the area! We are pleased to be your utility provider. You can stop by our office at 1 W Gillet St  8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday to complete a service application or, if you prefer, you can download the application and bring the completed form with you. Or you can complete the online New Residential Service form. We will also need a copy of your drivers’ license when you apply for new service.

Change Mailing Address

Occasionally, we know that our customers will want their utility bill sent to an address that is different than their service address. This can be done by calling our office at 563-689-3081, downloading the Change of Address form and returning to our office, or by completing the online Change of Address form.

Transfer Service

If you are currently a Preston Municipal Utilities' residential customer and you are moving to another address within our service area, you may transfer your service by calling our office at 563-689-3081 or by completing the Transfer Service form.

Terminate Service

If you are moving out of the Preston Municipal Utilities area and need to close your account with us, please call us at 563-689-3081 to let us know your anticipated termination date. You can also complete the Request to Discontinue Service form.

Report Street Light Outage

We appreciate your assistance in making Preston a safer place for pedestrians, traffic and the community.

If you see a city street light out, please submit the Street Light Outage form. Preston Municipal Utilities will take the appropriate action to make sure the light is replaced in a reasonable amount of time.